The Program offers a comprehensive introduction to the American Legal System, its roots in natural and common law, purpose/values it serves (resolution of private grievances, punishment of offences against the polity and individuals, preservation, development and limitation of individual and group rights, facilitation of commerce and private agreements, roles of the judiciary, legislature, and private parties. It introduces students to fundamental concepts and techniques used by law practitioners and courts in analyzing cases, interpreting statutes and determining disputes. The Course discusses American judicial system and legal profession as well.
The program consists of seven modules,
- Module 1: Introduction to US Law
- Module 2: Overview of US Constitution
- Module 3: Structure and Functions of Courts
- Module 4: Sources of legal authority and common law methodology
- Module 5: American Legal System
- Module 6: Arbitration and the American Consumer
- Module 7: Alien Tort Statute and Human Rights Violations Abroad
Study process includes;
- Slide presentations
- Viewing Videos
- Question & Answer sessions
- Working assignments on real life problems
- Case Studies
- Project Assignments
- Test paper after each module
- Study material
- Text Books / Extracts
- Discussion forum
Students are assessed on their performance in the,
- Tests at the end of each Module: 30%,
- Case Studies: 10%,
- Course Work: 15%,
- Assignments: 10%,
- Reports & Essays 8%,
- Discussion Forum: 5%,
- Innovative ideas: 7%,
- Final Examination: 15%.
There is no prescribed duration of the Course. However, Two hours per day study will normally complete the Course in 3 months. However, the duration is directly depend on the time spent and effort given to studies.
- Credit Pass in English in IGCSE, and
- IGCSE or similar with 6 subjects.
Shown above are the minimum requirements to follow this Course. However, a Bachelors Degree will be desirable to follow the course at ease. Those who have differing qualifications and experience shall write to, firstname.lastname@example.org, for exemptions or clearing any doubts prior to applying.
WHO HAS ALREADY FOLLOWED THE COURSE
A diverse range of individuals have been benefited from the Course. Among them were;
- Legal Practitioners,
- Business Managers,
- International Trade Office Staff,
- Import / Export Officials,
- Field Representatives,
- Legal Office Staff,
- Individuals seeking employment in Law sector.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE PROGRAM
- Course Notes.
- Course Work.
- Case Studies.
- Exercises from the industry.
- Videos for visual knowledge (where applicable).
- Tutorials & corrected Answers.
- Discussions with other participants.
- Final Examination.
- Guide for consultation & guidance.
- Relevant Books on the Subject in PDF form. Transcripts,
- Program Certificate printed in elegant parchment paper.
- Recommendation letters to employers,
- Free Consultation for subject related queries for one year,
- Enrollment into Academate Scheme,
- Free Membership to the Academ-ED Association of Law Professionals.
- One year Free Subscription to ‘Law Professional Magazine’.
CERTIFICATE ISSUED ON COMPLETION
Diploma in American Legal System.
FEES & PAYMENT OPTIONS
Registration Fee: $ 50.00,
Course Fee: $ 600.00.
Payment Options of the Course Fee
Option 1: Single Payment of $ 550.00, saving $ 50.00,
Option 2: Three equal instalments of $ 210.00 each,
Option 3: Module based seven payments of $ 100.00 each.
Step – 1: Proceed to the Application for enrolment to this course,
Step – 2: If you have already submitted your Application and have received our email confirming the acceptance to the program, please proceed to the payment by selecting the desired payment option from above.
Upon receiving the confirmation of your payment from the payment processor, you will receive an email with a link to your course and the password.